The Barberettes are a lively and entertaining group of female a cappella singers, who were founded in 1976 and are conducted by their very talented Music Director, Emma Lelliott. We rehearse weekly in Woodley near Reading, and perform regularly around Berkshire and beyond. Our repertoire spans 100 years of popular music; we sing in the barbershop style - four part close harmony. The Barberettes consistently reach the finals of the LABBS (Ladies Association Of British Barbershop Singers) national competitions and have given concert performances in Europe.
- Winning Let's Sing Reading competitions consecutively in 2016 and 2017
- Performing on stage at the Tonhalle in Dusseldorf for the City's 725th anniversary celebrations at the request of the Mayor of Reading.
Reading Dusseldorf association stated that: "The highlight of the visit was a celebration concert in the Tonhalle, at which the Oberburgermeister had asked each of Dusseldorf's twin cities to bring a musical contribution. Reading's offering was a group of songs by The Barberettes conducted by Emma Lelliott, which received thunderous applause."
- Competing at the the Spanish Association of Barbershop Singers (SABS) 2015 Convention
- Singing in the beautiful Caversham Court Gardens at the annual garden party of the Friends of Caversham Court Gardens
Singing a wide range of popular songs in 4 part close harmony our ever widening repertoire spans over half a century and includes:
- The Weather Girl's It's Raining Men
- Adele's Skyfall and two new songs by Justin Timberlake from the movie Trolls
- a fantastic medley of Beatles hits specially arranged for The Barberettes in the Barbershop style.
Our Christmas repertoire includes a variety of seasonal songs and carols sung in the barbershop style.